Tensor Networks Expert (f/m/d)
Job position – Your responsibilities
- You are part of an interdisciplinary team that reshapes the future of AI by developing Tensor Network methods for explainable AI systems and quantum technologies.
- In your role, you implement novel Tensor Network algorithms in cutting-edge research & development projects.
- You help to design and build efficient Tensor Network simulation software that will push the limits of current implementations.
- You are responsible for executing software development projects for AI and quantum technologies and bring up, debug and mature our Tensor Network-products.
- Thanks to your knowledge, you assist in the evaluation, requirements gathering, time estimation, and planning of software projects using agile methods.
- Furthermore, you help design, implement and maintain software execution pipelines using state-of-the-art technologies and tools.
- Last but not least, you propose novel research directions and technology decisions.
- Education: completed university degree (Master/Diploma/PhD) in physics, computer science, numerical mathematics or a comparable subject
- Experience and Knowledge: professional experience in Tensor Network software development required; hands-on experience with software development tools (e.g. git, bash, CI/CD) and software standards desirable; Experience with large-scale software development (preferably of data science or quantum physics projects) desirable.
- Qualifications: Extensive expertise in C++ required. Theoretical and practical expertise in Quantum Information, tensor networks and numerical HPC required. Expertise in Cuda, itensor, python, and quantum computing desirable.
- Personality and Working Practice: You are future-oriented, passionate, creative, and work in a very committed, responsible and goal-oriented manner; your actions are structured, organised and full of drive; you enjoy solving problems and working in a team with good communication skills including the ability to communicate (technical) results.
- Enthusiasm: Your heart beats for tensor networks. Your bible is The density-matrix renormalization group in the age of matrix product states of U. Schollwöck or similar literature.
- Languages: very good written and spoken English, German preferred
What we offer
- Exciting & dynamic work environment that offers a wide variety of development opportunities
- Highly motivated working environment for inspiring progress
- Short decision-making paths that accelerate processes
- Long-term career prospects with ever-increasing responsibility
- Experts in the field of explainable artificial intelligence (Data Science, High Performance Computing, as well as quantum technologies)
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested, please send us your CV and your current transcript of records. We are looking forward to your message, please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org